fueling the soul with happiness, creativity, & productivity one mile at a time

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Bathroom remodel for under $200


Looking to update your bathroom and not burn a hole in your wallet? These super easy and clever ideas will save you loads of money and create a complete makeover!
 Are you ready???


 Countertop and Sink

SPRAY PAINT!! Yes yes seriously people, spray paint! I started with a quick sand to remove the debris of yuck. Then sprayed it with a rustoleum primer. Once that was dried (rather quickly) I sprayed the counter top with Rustoleum Stone spray paint. I did multiple light coats to ensure an even spray. (Follow the directions on the can!) Then I covered it with a water based self leveling rustoleum polyurethane. I let it cure for 5 days and then brought it in. So far it is holding up beautifully and this bathroom has lots and lots of use!!!






Vanity
I decided to strip the doors because there was about 6 layers of paint. I repainted it with chalkboard white. I placed foam/wood trim on the cabinet doors and replaced the knobs.









Floor
This is plank peel and stick flooring from Walmart online! We used two boxes and it was SO EASY to get in!





















Fixtures

ALL the fixtures including the shower rod were spray painted with Rustoleum metal spray paint. Only took two cans to do all the fixtures, outlet covers, and lights! Looks awesome!

Toilet

We love our neighborhood ReStore and found a new water efficient toilet for $20.00!




Shower

Easy peesy- updated the entire thing with Rustoleum tub and tile kit. I highly recommend opening every window in your house and where a mask because this stuff stinks!!!






Walls, Trim a Backsplash

I painted the walls in Benjamin Moore Going to the Chapel and trim and doors with white paint from home. The backsplash I found on Amazon which is a super easy peel and stick that looks lovely!


                                                                 Decor




 Mirror I found at Hobby Lobby 50% off. It was copper colored so I painted it with the chalk paint that I used on the vanity.












  •  I purchased frames from the dollar store and found some fabulous free prints on Pinterest. I printed them on cardstock (purchased at target) from my home printer. 
  • The three shelves I purchased at Goodwill and repainted black. 
  • The shower curtain was purchased at TJ Maxx for $14.99  




When everything was said and done the total spent was $198.74!

Super cute update and I didnt spend a fortune!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment